Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sticky Parquet floor

Day 2 - My daughters and I spent the good part of the morning chiseling up the parquet squares on the kitchen floor. They were glued down to plywood. It was difficult finding the screws to loosen up the plywood. By late afternoon, my husband came home and brought in the pry bar and "the big guns." He was able to ram the bar under the plywood and break it up. I set the circular saw at sub floor depth and made cris-cross cuts to help with the removal. The chiseling individual pieces was a waste of time...live and learn! There is a black paper that is covering the original tongue and groove wood floor. Not sure if we need to peel that up.

Today the anxiety was gone. I had a panic attack yesterday. I've had these before when starting a big project. I feel so overwhelmed, but getting past an obstacle helps with the confidence levels!

No comments:

Post a Comment