Friday, April 2, 2010

Kitchen Renovations start in Cleveland, OH!

First day of kitchen renovation! I have been preparing for this day for months! First started watching Kitchen Renovations with Paul Ryan on DIY Network. Have learned a lot of good tips and hope to remember and use them! However, as a seasoned DIYer, I have noticed that they "skip" and leave out certain aspects of home renovation in the show...

First of all, you are emptying a kitchen...where do you put all the stuff???? I had to start months ago cleaning out my basement to make room for kitchen items and to set up a mini kitchen area! Paul Ryan cannot just walk in that day and move a few items and then get ready to go to work!

UGH! The time running back and forth to box stores, tile distributors, supply stores, and even the Kraftmaid Outlet in Warren, OH! There are a ton of decisions to make in a kitchen! I guess a kitchen designer would come in handy, but would he/she order the materials and how much more would that cost???

I have worked with a couple contractors and they all swear. They don't laugh off a goof or mix up. My husband is a landscape contractor and he swears all the time! And all contractors work like they are in a race. Time is money. I love Paul Ryan's easy going demeanor. So, how many contractors are working off camera per show? and swearing under their breath?

No comments:

Post a Comment